While the soil generally provides most of the nutrients our plants need, there are times when fertilizers can help.
Fertilizers contain one or more essential plant nutrients and can be applied to landscapes to improve plant growth and quality or to correct a nutrient deficiency. We provide information about fertilizers to help Floridians make educated decisions when purchasing and using fertilizer in the home landscape or garden.
- The Basics of Fertilizer
- Fertilizing Your Florida Lawn
- Organic Soil Amendments: Compost, Manure, and More
- Palm Nutrition
- Pesticide and Fertilizer Disposal
- Right Fertilizer, Right Place
- Trash Talk: Alternatives to Traditional Composting
- Types of Fertilizer
- Vegetable Gardening in Florida: Applying Fertilizer
- Vegetable Gardening in Florida: Selecting a Fertilizer