Master Gardener Webinars
Webinars provide a convenient and free professional development option for people who want to learn new strategies and tools without taking time off work and paying travel expenses. Each hour-long session will be recorded and available on our website to view whenever you'd like.
To Join the Webinar
Webinars are facilitated in Zoom. For help, see "Getting Started" on Zoom.com. Due to new Zoom security features, a new webinar room has been established.
You will need to contact your county coordinator for a password. Please access the webinar at https://zoom.us/. Click on "Join the meeting" and then put in the new meeting number: 926 9973 6489 and password.
All webinars are at 1 p.m. EST
- July 30th – Brazilian Pepper Bio-control with Dr. Carey Minteer
- August 27 – Florida-Friendly Landscaping™: New information on the plant list and resources with Claire Lewis
- September 24 – Understanding Lawn Maintenance Contracts and GI-BMP with Cesar Peralta
- October 29 – Tree Care: Lessons after the storm with Dr. Mike Orfanedes
- November 19 – Behavior Changes in the Landscape and Storm Water Ponds with Dr. Paul Monaghan
- December 10 – Algal Blooms: what Master Gardener Volunteers need to know with Dr. Lisa Krimsky
July 30, 1 pm 2020 » Brazilian Pepper Bio-control with Dr. Carey Minteer
Dr. Carey Minteer is an assistant professor of Weed Biological Control. Dr. Minteer works to develop solutions for controlling the state's invasive weed problems through classical biological control and integrated pest management. Dr. Minteer is currently working to control the Brazilian peppertree, one of the state's most wide-spread invasive plant species and air potato, a climbing vine from Asia. Her familiarity with geographic information systems, or GIS, and remote sensing brings an innovative approach for invasive species research to the UF/IFAS Indian River Research and Education Center laboratory in Fort Pierce.
2020 Leadership School Recordings
- Motivation — Dr. Matt Sowcik, assistant professor in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication (Presentation PDF)
- From Me to We — Dr. Laura Greenhaw, assistant professor in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication (Presentation PDF)
- Crucial Conversations — Christy Chiarelli, assistant extension scientist in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication (AEC) and director of the Wedgworth Leadership Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (Presentation PDF)
- Leaders Listen — Wendy Wilber, Florida Master Gardener Volunteer statewide program coodinator (Presentation PDF)
June 25, 1 pm 2020 » Invasive Animals in Florida with Dr. William Kern
May 28, 1 pm 2020 » Biodiversity and Lawn Pests with Dr. Adam Dale
April 30, 1 pm 2020 » Pesticide Refresher with Dr. Brett Bultemeier
March 26 » Food Safety for Master Gardener Volunteers with Dr. Amy Simonne
February 27, 1 pm 2020 » Florida Master Gardener Volunteers Projects from Around the State
Wendy Wilber, Statewide Master Gardener Volunteer Program Coordinator
January 30, 1pm 2020 » Planting a Refuge for Wildlife
Liz Schold, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Watch a recording of this webinar
- Take the Planting a Refuge for Wildlife quiz
- More online resources from Liz Schold: