Every month we feature a plant that we think deserves a spotlight in Florida-friendly gardening.
- Croton – Known for their colorful, tropical foliage, crotons will draw attention with their stunning color and make a bold statement in your house or yard.
- Caladiums – Native to Brazil, caladiums are known for their colorful leaves. They will attract attention to any landscape and bring life to shady areas.
- Zinnias – Native to Mexico and available in a rainbow of colors, zinnias are annuals that thrive in the heat of the Florida garden.
- Taiwan Cherry – This Florida-Friendly tree errupts into cheerful color in early spring, with flamingo-pink flowers covering its bare branches.
- Lettuce – Winter is the best time to grow lettuce. Good leaf lettuce selections for Florida include 'Black-seeded Simpson' and 'Red Sails'.