If you have the room, an outdoor kitchen can make your garden an even better spot to entertain and increase your home’s value.
An outdoor kitchen can be as simple as a patio area with a few comfortable chairs and an outdoor grilling area. Or it can be a luxurious freestanding structure that houses a sink, a full-size refrigerator, and even a brick oven.
Simpler versions typically rely on propane-powered grills to handle the cooking duties.
Larger kitchens can be more complicated to build and may require you to install electrical and water lines. Be sure to consult the building code or hire a licensed contractor.
Also on Gardening in a Minute
- Outdoor Kitchens--Better Homes & Gardens
- Outdoor Kitchens--DIY Network
- Outdoor Kitchens--Home & Garden Television
- Outdoor Kitchens--This Old House
- Planning an Outdoor Kitchen--Fine Homebuilding