2018 International Master Gardener Workshop
Exploring Food Systems in Southern Italy
UF/IFAS Extension, in collaboration with WorldStrides is proud to announce the 2018 International Master Gardener Workshop: Exploring Food Systems in Southern Italy, October 27 - November 5.
This educational workshop focusing on food systems is offered as an educational development opportunity to allow key professionals and Extension volunteers to explore and compare food systems in Southern Italy.
Who should attend?
Faculty, Master Gardener volunteers, 4-H volunteers, and university staff involved in food systems.
The crops of concentration for this program are: pomegranate, olive, grape, apple, and lemon. We'll study their potential for landscapes and edible gardens, as well as IPM, plant nutrients, irrigation, and more. Also covered will be marketing of the crops, their nutritional benefits, and wine making.
- Deposit of $500, with a payment deadline of April 15, 2018
- First payment - 50% of the total program fee due by June 26 ($1,409)
- Final payment - 100% of the total program due by August 26 ($1,409)
- Total workshop registration fee, including all ground cost in Italy is $3,318*
*International Air: Participants will purchase their flight tickets. Organizing committee will recommend a group or individual flight via a travel agency. Please do not purchase flight tickets until April 20, 2018. Flight-related information will be sent to registered participants at that time.
How to Register
- Visit the WorldStrides main registration portal to get additional trip information, register to travel and pay your deposit: https://worldstrides.com/register
- Then click the Register button in the top right and enter the Trip ID#: 158749
- Once you enter the trip number, click on the "Get Started" box and you will be taken directly to your program's registration portal.
- Review the summary page and additional tabs.