While Africanized honey bees aren't the "killers" they're often made out to be, they can be aggressive when defending their nests. Unfortunately, they build nests much closer to humans than our "regular," European honey bees do. And worse, they're slowly edging our honey bees out.
- African Honey Bee Extension and Education Program
- Africanized Honey Bee Presentations
- UF Extension: Africanized Honey Bees
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Africanized Honey Bee in Florida
- Keeping Africanized Honey Bees Out of Wildlife Nest Boxes
- What to Do About Africanized Honey Bees: A Consumer Guide