A vegetable hand-picked from your own garden tastes better than anything you can buy in a store. And here in Florida, home gardeners can grow vegetables all year long. The most important thing when beginning is to pay close attention to planting dates.
Home gardens are convenient and may encourage you and your family to eat more fresh vegetables. The choices are endless, with vegetables of all sizes, colors, and shapes.
Gardening can be great exercise and can provide a little time to unwind from a stressful day at home or at work.
Gardens today incorporate flowers, herbs, and vegetables together to make a beautiful statement in any landscape. But let’s not forget the fun—gardening is a great personal or family activity.
Also on Gardening in a Minute
- Controlling Insects in the Vegetable Garden
- Cool Season Vegetables
- Fall Vegetable Gardening
- Fertilizing Your Vegetable Garden
- Grow Your Own Potatoes
- Growing Potatoes in Perlite
- Hanging Vegetable Gardens
- Heirloom Vegetables
- Indoor Edible Gardening
- Maintaining the Vegetable Garden
- Ornamental Vegetables
- Renovating Your Vegetable and Flower Gardens
- Spring Vegetable Gardens
- Starting Vegetable Gardens from Seed
- Succession Planting of Vegetables
- The Summer Vegetable Garden
- Summer Vegetables
- Vegetable Bolting
- Vegetable Diseases
- Vegetable Garden Transplants
- Vegetable Gardening with Raised Beds
- Watering the Vegetable Garden