There's more to fruit trees than just citrus—North Florida gardeners can grow fruit on trees as well. There are certain varieties of apples, figs, peaches, pears, persimmons, and plums that have been bred to grow well in the mild winters of North Florida.
- Cold-hardy Citrus for North Florida
- Growing Pears in Florida (PDF)
- Growing Plums in Florida
- Low Chill Apple Cultivars for North Florida and North Central Florida
- The Satsuma Tangerine
Also on Gardening in a Minute
- Deciduous Fruit Trees
- Dwarf Fruit Trees
- Fertilizing Fruit Trees
- Oriental Persimmon
- Peach and Nectarine Trees
- What Are Chilling Hours?
- UF/IFAS Extension: Lawn & Garden
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program
- Florida Master Gardener Program
- "The Neighborhood Gardener" e-newsletter
Vegetable Gardening FAQ
- Got questions? Get answers to some of the most frequently-asked questions about growing vegetables in Florida.